Kiwanis – Helping to Change the World – One child at a Time
KIWANIS Club of Rolling Hills Estates
The Kiwanis Club of Rolling Hills Estates is a group of private individuals, educators, businesspersons, and professionals whose primary mission is to serve children. in our extended community. The Club is a non-profit, 501C3 community service organization dedicated to supporting children both directly and through various local charitable and deserving community organizations. Kiwanis activities involve raising money thru projects such as the Palos Verdes Half: Half Marathon and 5K Run, musical benefits and other events. We donate ALL proceeds to community programs that help our kids including:
- The San Pedro/Peninsula YMCA
- Peninsula Education Foundation
- Kiwanis Scholarships forDeservingSouthBayStudents
- Joe Kelly Memorial Fund Grant (used to fund a scholarship)
- Cliff Welsh Memorial Scholarships for outstanding Key Club Students.
- June Staudhammer Memorial Medical/Nursing School Scholarship
- REACH – Helping children with special needs to learn life skills.
- American Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund
- Habitat for Humanity
- The Jester & Pharley Phund (provides book and dolls to children with cancer in pediatric hospitals and reading programs in elementary schools (primarily Title 1 schools in LAUSD andSouthBay)
- South Bay Boys and Girls Clubs (San Pedro & Harbor City locations)
- Toberman Settlement House Auxillary
- Communities Child (housing, education & job placement for homeless women with children )
- Harbor Interfaith (San Pedro)
- Freedom 4U Teen Outreach Program (high school youth programs including music)
- PeninsulaHigh SchoolKey andKIWINSClubs & PalosVerdesHigh SchoolKIWINS Club
- Volunteers of America – Project Shoe, Christmas Party and other various outings for Needy Children
- Various Other Organizations and Charities
We LOVE kids and have a lot of fun helping them – Come to one of our meetings for a complimentary luncheon and check us out! If you like what you see and what we do . . . JOIN US!
Find out for yourself! – Be our guest for a FREE luncheon at the Red Onion Restaurant each and every Thursday at 12:10 pm. Just show up.
KIWANIS CLUB OF ROLLING HILLS ESTATES • P.O. Box2856• Palos Verdes Peninsula, CA90274
Non-Profit Corp. No. 95-4612931
A Little About Kiwanis International
Kiwanis offers insight into issues affecting the local and global community. Club programs offering members and insider’s a look at their communities from the people who make the news in education, the justice system, the arts, recreation and more.
An opportunity to expand business and professional networking
Kiwanis meetings offer a marketplace of ideas and a social setting where members can interact with peers of diverse business and professional backgrounds.
An arena in which to develop and use leadership skills
Kiwanians can volunteer for projects that they find appealing and that fit their schedule. Often, they have a chance to try things they don’t do every day. Besides contributing to the quality of community life, members have an opportunity to develop and use skills that then can be applied at home and work.
Fellowship and Service
Kiwanis offers an opportunity for personal involvement in the leadership and improvement of the community, the nation and world. While service is what Kiwanians are known for, their club offers much more. Meetings and projects provide fellowship – fellowship that is sincere and lasting.
Since its founding in 1915, the organization has grown to about 9,000 clubs in more than 80 nations. Nearly a third of a million Kiwanians are helping to improve people’s lives on every continent – from Canada to Colombia; from Austria to Australia; from Tunisia to the Republic of China.
Kiwanians are engaged in education, government, banking, marketing, agriculture, international trade, non-profit organizations, and many other fields. They are corporate officers, managers, small-business owners and self-employed professionals. They are young individuals embarking on careers, successful executives and active retirees.
A Busy Person Can Make Time For Kiwanis – Let’s Face It: People are busy with family, friends, careers, hobbies, and other interests. Kiwanis offers an affordable opportunity – one that costs a little time, but not a lot of money – to make a difference in the community. Members decide how much time and money they want to invest. Club meetings offer an atmosphere of FUN, LEARNING and FELLOWSHIP, while providing a welcome change in the daily routine. In addition to attending the meetings, the typical Kiwanian volunteers time each month in club service projects.
Because of the flexibility and fulfillment that Kiwanis offers, men and women who are involved in several activities need not feel uneasy about adding to their schedules.
“Young Children: Priority One”
…is the Kiwanis program that places continuing focus on projects addressing the needs of children in pediatric trauma, safety, child care, early development, infant health, nutrition and parenting skills.
To Learn More about Kiwanis, CLICK HERE