Key Club and KIWIN’s are international student-led organizations which provide members with opportunities to serve, build character and develop leadership.
Key Clubs and KIWIN’S are made up of devoted high school students who are committed to serving their community and school.
The objectives of the clubs, as stated by Kiwanis International are:
- To develop initiative and leadership.
- To provide experience in living and working together.
- To serve the school and community.
- To cooperate with the school principal.
- To prepare for useful citizenship.
- To accept and promote the following ideals:
- To give primacy to the human and spiritual, rather than to the material values of life.
- To encourage the daily living of the Golden Rule in all human relationships.
- To promote the adoption and application of higher standards in scholarship, sportsmanship and social contacts.
- To develop, by precept and example, a more intelligent, aggressive, and serviceable citizenship.
- To provide a practical means to form enduring friendships, to render unselfish service and to build better communities.
- To cooperate in creating and maintaining that sound public opinion and high idealism which makes possible the increase of righteousness, justice, patriotism and good will.
The local clubs, sponsored by the Kiwanis Club of Rolling Hills Estates, assist the Kiwanis Club in carrying out its mission to serve the children of the community. Sponsored Youth Members serve in their communities, supporting Project Shoe, the Palos Verdes Marathon events and organizing food drives. They also learn leadership skills by running meetings, planning projects and holding elected leadership positions at the club, district and international levels. They assist Kiwanis International in carrying out its mission to serve the children of the world.
The Kiwanis Club of Rolling Hills Estates sponsors four high school clubs.
- Palos Verdes High KWINS
- Peninsula High Key Club
- Peninsula High KWINS
- Mary Star High Key Club
For more information on joining a Key Club or KIWIN’S contact Richard Sherman at email@example.com.
Key Club and KIWINS News
Our Palos Verdes High Key Club President Landon Ota brought thanks and a yummy Kings Hawaiian cake yesterday to the PVE Police. I’m the Key Club sponsor at this campus. The PVE Police patrol their campus and are daily on the campus to help the students. Since it’s K-Kids week…
Hello Mr. Sherman, As my high school experience comes to a close and I begin preparing for college, I’ve been trying to properly thank everyone who has helped me get where I am now. From the very beginning of my adventures with Kiwanis, you were there for me. At first,…
Hi Everyone, I just wanted to thank the club for the concert support every year. When I am looking at 400 tickets on my dresser it is comforting to know that I can count on the club. The Boys & Girls Club was there as well as Volunteers of America members. I…